Seven LVI girls visited the Titanic Belfast, which celebrated its fourth Inspire Conference marking International Women’s Day on Tuesday 7 March. IWD encourages effective action for advancing and recognising women.
Inspire 2017 had the theme, Step Up. Speakers, with backgrounds in finance, business and international justice encouraged students to:
- Step Up and have their voices heard
- Step Up and fight for justice
- Step Up and follow their dreams
- Step Up and take their talents to the next level
- Step Up and be the best they can be.
The event was hosted by Denise Watson, Freelance Sports Journalist, UTV.
- Anne Higgins, Head of Customer Experience NI, Boots UK
- Ruth Cole and Abi Wells, International Justice Mission UK
- Sue Willis, Director, Santander UK
- Edel Doherty, MD, Beyond Business Travel
Some quotes from the speakers:
‘It’s not how good you are, it’s how good you want to be’.
‘Little girls with dreams become women with vision’.
‘Your vision of where or who you want to be is the greatest asset you have’.
This was a very informative and interesting event. Thanks to our mentor and past pupil, Ruth Young, for her encouragement and inspirational words throughout the day.