On Thursday 6th April 2017 the University Roadshow visited school to speak to all LVI pupils. They gave a short presentation on the UCAS and CAO systems. They covered topics such as the cost of fees to study in England, Scotland, Wales, ROI and Europe, funding available and bursaries/scholarships. They also gave a short introduction on how to apply to university in countries such as Germany and the Netherlands. Following the presentation pupils had the opportunity to go around each of the university stands and speak to the exhibiters present about their course of interest.
- Maastricht University – Michael Geary
- University of St Andrews – Duncan McVickers
- Edinburgh Napier University – Grant Cullen
- University of Dundee – Calum Fraser
- University of Aberdeen – Heather Broad
- Glasgow Caledonian University – Lynne Barrie
- Liverpool Hope University – Laura Willians
- Glasgow College of Arts – Jacqui Coyle
- University of Southampton – Fred Binley
- Harper Adams University – Nicola Davies
- University of Strathclyde – Joanna Craig
- University of Swansea, Brad, Salford & LYIT – Mary Higgins from ER&M
Many thanks to Caitriona McCarry for organising this event.