On Friday 5th January eye4education came into School to deliver the Subject Mapping 4 Careers Programme. This event is designed to raise pupils’ awareness of potential careers which are mapped to the subjects taught at GCSE level.
Pupils participated in a series of interactive session which included the following topics:
- Completion of a multiple intelligence questionnaire
- Investigation of the subject choices offered
- Highlighting businesses that employ people with various linked subjects from GCSE onwards
- Demonstrating the benefits of having GCSE qualifications
- Investigating possible job opportunities and starting salaries with having GCSEs and higher qualifications
- Exploring where to look for real time data in regards to subjects
- Presenting future labour market trends highlighting qualifications / skills gap per subject
Pupils actively engaged in all the tasks and found the exercises interesting and very beneficial.