Belfast Royal Academy pupils have always enjoyed a fine reputation for sporting success across a range of disciplines. However, over the summer months, pupils reached new heights in their chosen sports. The following pupils, with representative honours, are excellent role models within school for their ability to manage their commitments to sport alongside academic work. In addition, they are wonderful ambassadors for the School in the various competitions they participated in and are to be commended for their ambition, dedication and talent.
Congratulations to all of our elite sportsmen and women and we look forward to another year of sporting success.
- Abbie Braniff (Form 3), Emma Uprichard (Form 4) and Kerry Uprichard (Form 5) all represented Ulster U16s in a series of matches against the UK Lions.
- Abbie and Emma have been included in the 19 player squad in preparation for the U16 Interprovincial series in September.
- Harriet Dougan (M6) and Niamh McIvor (Form 5) represented NI at the UK School Games.
- Niamh also captained the Ireland U16 team in European 6 Nations Tournament in Cork.
- Nada Hawela (Form 4) and Megan Warke (Form 5) represented Northern Ireland as members of the Netball team at the UK School Games.
- Nada and Megan have been selected for the U17 National Training Squad and will be preparing for the U17 European Championships in March 2019. Fabienne Cochrane (L6), Ellie Collins (Form 5) and Olivia Snoddy (Form 5) will join Nada and Megan as members of this squad.
- Tom Stewart (M6): Ulster U18 Captain, and member of Ireland U18 Schools’ and Ulster U19 squads.
- Brandon Hassan (M6): member of Ulster U18
- Patrick George (M6): member of Ulster U17
- Elliot Donaldson (Form 5): member of Ulster U16
- Michael Harvey (Form 5): member of Ulster U16
- Erin McMahon (Form 5) was placed 1st in 300m in Youth Development League and was 5th in the relay medley at U.K. School Games.
- Leah Doran (Form 5) was placed 1st in the Pole Vault in the Youth Development League.
- Ben Bingham (Form 3) took part in the British Transplant Games in Birmingham.
- Tom McKibbin (Form 5) was a member of the GB & Ireland Golf team who won the 2018 Jacques Leglise Trophy in Finland against Europe.
- Keaton Morrison (Form 5) represented Ireland at 3 separate golfing tournaments – the Italian Open, the English Open and the European Young Masters.
- Harry Warke (M6) captained the NCU U17 squad.
- Max Burton (M6) was a member of the Ulster Schools’ U18 team and represented Ireland U17 on 2 tours, which included winning the Celtic Cup.
- David Kane (Form 3) was a member of the NCU U13 squad that toured Taunton and Ayr.
- Maddy Harvey-Clifford (L6) was selected for the NI U17 Football squad.
- Ciaran Dixon (Form 5) was selected to ride for Ulster at the UK School Games in Loughborough and was selected to ride for Ireland at the 3-day Errigal International Youth Tour.