On Tuesday 25th September, a group of 36 Form III pupils attended a BT Boot Camp at BT Tower in Belfast. This event was aimed at developing skills for work, with activities, employer content and completion of a handbook. The sessions were delivered in collaboration between expert tutors and key staff from BT. This was an interactive event in which pupils:
- looked at their values, interests and skills and how these could be presented in a CV
- learned how to match their skills to a job description
- were taught the importance of keeping social media activity professional
- learned about the jobs and opportunities available at BT
- were taught how to impress in an interview and take part in an assessment centre exercise
Pupils thoroughly enjoyed this event.