On Monday 7th January, eye4education came into School to deliver the Subject Mapping4Careers Programme. This event is designed to raise pupils’ awareness of potential careers which are mapped to the subjects taught at GCSE level.
All Form III pupils participated in a series of interactive session which included the following topics:
- Completion of a multiple intelligence questionnaire
- Investigation of the subject choices offered
- Highlighting businesses that employ people with various linked subjects from GCSE onwards
- Demonstrating the benefits of having GCSE qualifications
- Investigating possible job opportunities and starting salaries with having GCSEs and higher qualifications
- Exploring where to look for real time data in regards to subjects
- Presenting future labour market trends highlighting qualifications / skills gap per subject
Pupils actively engaged in all the tasks and found the exercises interesting and very beneficial.