Ted Jenson and Darren Nixon from Eye4Education came into school on Wednesday 18th December to run a STEM carousel. All Form III pupils visited 6 stations where they learned about the nature of each business organisation and the type of careers available. Each business had an interactive display which demonstrated their work and pupils were informed about the various pathways available for entering the many STEM and non-STEM career opportunities within their industry.
The businesses represented were, as follows:
- Tom O’Kane – R&D Engineer with Suzuki Moto GP World Championship Team.
- Peter Dickson – Bridgestone tyres
- Martin Hutchinson – Nations Manager for Northern Ireland with the Institute of the Motor Industry
- Lisa O’Neil – Generation Connections Engineer
- Kerri Manson – HR Manager
- Miriam Kerbache – Operations Manager
- Victoria Halliday – Public Relations Executive
- Aaron Tohill – Business Development Manager for Randox Food
- Daniell Neill – First Line Support Engineer
- Ed Benton – Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Jodie Wright – HR Manager
- Patrick Martin – Project Manager
- Glenn Davison – System Analyst
Many thanks to each of the business advisers. Their input was informative and very useful for pupils in their upcoming subject choices for GCSE.