Belfast Royal Academy - founded 1785

   

English Literature

Curriculum

Key Stage 3

From Form 1 pupils are encouraged to read, understand and respond to various types of literary texts to enable them to develop the skills necessary for more advanced literary study.

GCSE

Pupils follow the OCR specification. Controlled Assessment accounts for 25% of the course and three written examinations, where the pupils must answer on four texts, accounts for the remaining 75%.

AS/A2

The CCEA English Literature specification is followed. Pupils are exposed to a wide range of literary material from Chaucer’s “The Pardoner’s Tale” to Roddy Doyle’s “Paddy Clarke Ha-Ha-Ha”.