Mrs Morris and 5 of our senior girls attended the International Women’s Day event at Titanic Belfast. ‘Inspiring change’ was the theme for this event. It was aimed at encouraging advocacy for women’s advancement everywhere, and in every way. It called for the challenging of the status quo for women’s equality and inspiring positive change.
The event celebrated the difference that women have made to the world in the past and to inspire young women to be the catalysts for change.
The event gave our pupils the opportunity to hear from guest speakers, performers and exhibitors who encouraged the young women to look at their own potential and raised awareness of the changes they can make in their own lives and the wider world. The guest speakers that participated were as follows:
- Jackie Neill – BBC Radio Ulster
- Maria Doran – Young Apprentice Finalist 2012 and Young Enterprise NI Young Ambassador
- Moya Johnston – Managing Director, Survitech
- Naomi Long – Civil Engineer and MP
- Tiwonge Tasha Kumwenda – Trócaire Governance and Human Rights Programmes Officer, Malawi
- Nicki Dunn – Chair, Titanic Foundation Ltd.